Tank sizes/ goldfish

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by Jaws_flounder, Mar 22, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I'm not trying to badger anyone here or be the killjoy...but the thread asks for tank sizes and amount of goldfish in the tanks. Meaning, someone could answer with "50 gallon saltwater reef with zero goldfish" and it would be an answer to the question.

Maybe it could be rephrased to: "How many and what type of goldfish do you have and what size tank are they in?"

That could help with any confusion :)

2. Click Here!

3. Jaws_flounder

Jaws_flounder Plankton

Oh. I just wanted to know about goldfish. I'm not really into tropicals or other spieces. That's what I ment.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  4. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

My girlfriend has a 10 gallon tank. In it are 4 feeder goldfish, which will be replaced with two of the bulging eye types.

I also have a pound with two feeder goldfish that are 7 years old, and about 7" long. They had babies once but they all disappeared. (cat probably ate them)

5. Stefanie720

Stefanie720 Astrea Snail

when i worked at petsmart the rule of thumb that we always told the customers was 2gallons per inch of goldfish---which is actually a little more than other freshwater fish (1 gal/in)

6. Stefanie720

Stefanie720 Astrea Snail

oh sorry--right now i have a ten gal with three 1in goldfish :)

7. elvisjack55

elvisjack55 Plankton

i have 1 goldfish in a 5 gal. aquarium is this okay

8. Click Here!

9. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

it depends how big the fish is, eventually you will want to have a 20 gallon tank for that one goldfish atleast.
    fancies get 10 inches
    common/comet/shubunkins get 20 inches.

contrary to many peoples belief fish dont grow to the size of the tank. but if the tank is too small the fish probably will die before maxing out its size..

10. HolyK

HolyK Plankton

Right now I have two new 1 inch goldfish in a 5 gal tank. Lady at Petsmart said it should be okay, but then I did more research and found out it;s only good until they start to GROW. So I'll be investing in a larger tank in the future. >.>

11. ImmortalBeloved

ImmortalBeloved Plankton

I have a 30 gallon tank with two comets...

12. rwaterman30

rwaterman30 Plankton

I have one 7" goldfish that we got from the county fair 2 years ago. He in a 55 gallon and getting ready to go into a 150 gallon this weekend!