Tank change(?)

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by mightymcc, Mar 7, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

I always go for 1 1/2 - 2 lbs per gallon cause its better filtration and it looks better for scaping. Plus I don't usually run bioballs or hob filters which holds a portion of beneficial bacteria. I like using a sock cause it cleans easy. So that's why I use more LR. A lot of people like using the long tanks but I prefer tall tanks. Each setup has its own certain needs.

2. Click Here!

3. mightymcc

mightymcc Astrea Snail

Oh, ok. Then I'll have ~30-40lbs of live rock.

But other then that doex the setup look good?

4. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

I would add one more powerhead (doing 2 450s may be enough, but likely won't; you could try them and see how the flow is though). Otherwise, I personally think a 20 is too small for a Midas Blenny. They are very active column swimmers and a 20 may be too cramped for them and the clowns. I would instead do maybe a Gramma (Royal or Blackcap) or an Assessor (Yellow or Blue), or a smaller Blenny like a Tailspot, or a Goby.

5. mightymcc

mightymcc Astrea Snail

Ok, do I need that many even if I'm only getting low flow corals? Ok, I was originally going to get a Royal gramma but it didn't seem very active... I kind of want an oddball fish that is colorful, something you don't see very often. An active swimmer would be great too but of coarse not an agresive species or a species that nips coral.

Also they have a 600 GPH power head. Would just one of those be enough?

6. mightymcc

mightymcc Astrea Snail

And by "don't see very often" I mean uncommon not shy, I want a very outgoing fish.

7. mightymcc

mightymcc Astrea Snail

Also shoul I +1 on the filter and get a c3 instead of a c2?

8. Click Here!

9. mightymcc

mightymcc Astrea Snail

10. mightymcc

mightymcc Astrea Snail

Alright so 1. should I put a hood on my tank? and 2. should two 450 koralia powerheads be sufficient if not what do you suggest?