SpectraPure 3reef Member Sale

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

The $100 gets you an individually hand tested and guaranteed 98+% RO membrane over a batch tested RO membrane(which is still much more than any other vendor provides), a second DI containing their proprietary hand mixed MaxCap DI resin which extends the life of the SilicaBuster DI by at least 3.5x ( I personally get over 5 times the DI life with mine), and a second dual inline TDS meter. It also uses a much finer 0.5 micron absolute rated prefilter and a 0.5 micron 20,000 gallon Carbon Block both of which greatly extend the life of the RO membrane. Its not unheard of to get 10 years of heavy usage out of a single Spectrapure membrane when you use their filters as they research every component to the nth degree before they use or sell it. Its definitely worth the $100 more and then some!

2. Click Here!

3. Estee

Estee Bristle Worm

Thanks AZDeserRat - just noticed someone asked the exact same thing on the first page. :X Is there anything additional I would need if I have very hard water?

4. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Sorry, I was out of town. All RO membrane manufacturers recommend using a water softener ahead of an RO unit. If not its not that big a deal as long as you keep the waste ratio set at the recommended 4:1 so the membrane stays well flushed. My water is 800+ TDS and 20 or so grains per gallon hardness and I didn't use a water softener until just the past few years and I have had RO units since the 1990's and all worked fine although the membranes would have lasted longer had i installed a softener.