Something white and extended on eye

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Ballgame, Jun 30, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

I have Rally from when I tried Kick Ich. Put that in. Nothing to lose at this point.
    At the end of the day ich 40days ago killed all my love stock.

2. Click Here!

3. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

I just set up my 90g. It's been 24 days in QT. My clown will be dead in morning. Isn't swimming right. Wife thinks my QT is too small and part of stress. Put him in DT to relieve stress. I said can't cause it's so stressed out that will get ich again. Nothing I can do to save him now.
    Ugh. This is awful. It's mouth looks like has spots on it. No idea what's wrong

4. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

Pretty sure it's brooklynella. Just based on way it's swimming and it's head. I don't see mucus but not really sure what that is on a fish. Listless and heavy breathing are a yes. I have another clown in there so guess that has it too. Already in QT so I'm screwed. Ugh this hobby is brutal. How did this happen?!?

5. DustyE

DustyE Fire Worm

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I can't help with an id, but I hope everything works out.
    Remember even the most experienced reefers have hard times too.

6. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

all dead. DEAD!
    ugh I hate this.

I’m 43 days from first getting ich. Put all fish in QT tank. my yellow tang was dying and on its side in QT. To try to save him I put him back in DT. It worked he was back and looked good, till next day had ich but worse. That was 18 days into QT. Totally my mistake and I knew it but it brought him back to life.
    Clock starts over.
    Yellow tang dies anyway in QT days later. Today is day 25 from the clock restart. Ich is gone and things were going well in QT. Was going to let my DT tank fallow a couple more weeks. I have a week vacation next week. Doesn’t make sense to move remaining clowns into DT while I’m gone. Thought that would be perfect amount of fallow time.
    I’m frustrated. Think its Brook that killed them but not 100%. I have a brand new 90g tank with no fish. Don’t have money to replace the $300 worth of fish that have died in past 43 days. How does something else kill all my fish after ich treatment for weeks. Did water changes every other day. Water levels good.

Sorry guys I know I bother you. Shocked this happened.

7. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

You don't bother us at all. We're all here to help. I'm so sorry you went through this. Quite a big part of this hobby is having to go through these tragedies and learning from them so that when you do it again you have better control of the situation. The best thing to do in my opinion is to let your tank run as it is and get fish when you feel ready to start with them again. Again I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you.

Ballgame likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

Thanks and you’re right. so I have a fishless tank for next couple weeks. Good thing is I don’t need a tank buddy while on vacation to feed my fish. Hey that’s positive right? HA

10. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

It's no problem at all :) And very true. It made it a lot easier on me to not have fish yet haha

11. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

so sorry to hear ballgame :( hang in there and when you're ready - you can start again.

where are you going on vacation?

12. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

Down to the jersey shore. Take kids down there for a week. Rent a condo beach block. Huge boardwalk with lots of kids rides