Something is wrong with my angelfish. Please help!

Discussion in 'Fish Disease' started by Heather Carver, Apr 21, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Heather Carver

Heather Carver Astrea Snail

Hi Everyone!
    I just noticed that there is something wrong with my angelfish. He has a white spot near his top fin. It doesn't look like cotton, it's just there. It wasn't there last night! Please note that I did just upgrade him from a 29 to a 45 gallon tank. I did everything your supposed to do. I just tried to feed him and he won't accept any food. Please help! Take a look at the picture.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Looks more like a physical injury from the images. Any bullying going on?

4. Heather Carver

Not that I'm aware off. He is usually the bully in the tank. I was thinking it was a physical injury too but wasn't sure. Was thinking it might have been from the new driftwood I put in the tank. Anything I can do to help it heal?

5. Corailline

I would still test for ammonia if you just made the transfer, only because the fish is not eating.

How long has it gone without eating?

It's does not look inflamed or red but you could use any number dip or antibiotic therapy intended for using in FW systems.

6. Heather Carver

It ate last night but nothing today. It concerned me because usually he is the first one at the top during feeding time.

7. Corailline

Well then I would give the fish more time, test for new tank syndrome and hope for the best.

DSC reef likes this.