sick percula clown fish

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by alexander, May 31, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alexander

alexander Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I bought 2 percula clownfish for my tank about 5 days ago, they are only about half an inch each, the smaller one is breathing very fast and had stringy white poop about a day after I got him but that is gone now.

He's doesn't seem to be eating much, and he stays put away from the other clown. He swims fine in his corner of the tank but stays put. I see him pick at the algae a bit but I'm worried about him. I'm feeding him nutra-mar prawn roe. Water parameters look good. Do you think it is just stress or should I start medicating now?

2. Click Here!

3. smackrock

smackrock Coral Banded Shrimp

The stringy white poop is a concern, but like you said, you don't see that anymore. If you do see more, I would consider medication, else it seems like it could be cooping stress. Is he eating anything you feed him? If he goes a week without eating, you should probably take him back. My experience has been, if the fish from the store does not eat within 7 days, it either does not take dead food or processed food or there is something internally wrong on there.

1 person likes this.
  4. alexander

alexander Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

He eats very, very little. Usually a peice of food will fly right by him and he doesn't even try to get it. It's been about a week, maybe I'll take him back.

5. yptozmy

yptozmy Bristle Worm

The stringy white poop, is it coming from its tail rather than its normal place? If it is coming from its tail, that is a sign of serious stress and not good at all. Check all your water param.