setting svr2 on 70 gallon kit?

Discussion in 'RapidLED' started by Ducksmasher, Mar 31, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ducksmasher

Ducksmasher Purple Spiny Lobster

I have the 70 gal kit. Setting svr2 on drivers. What is the recomended current for the blue string and white string? I put the blues at 930ma, so far, so good. I did have a uv led just quit for no reason though.

2. Click Here!

3. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

It depends on the diode you're using on any given string, and what their max capabilities are.

The blues will either have a 1A or a 1.5A capability (I'd need to know what diode to be definitive), hence running at 930mA won't kill them.

However, most of the violet diodes are only good for 750mA, so running them over that will eventually kill them. Again, depends on the specific diode.

4. Rapid LED

Rapid LED 3reef Sponsor

Evolved is right, your UV likely burned out because they're rated to have 700mA max. Unless you're keeping them EXTREMELY cool 930mA will burn them out. If you got the standard CREE RB and CW in our kits then they can both go up to 1.5A.

5. Ducksmasher

Ducksmasher Purple Spiny Lobster

nah, i didnt run the white string with that much power on the drivers yet. I set the blues at 930ma. I started the white string at 200 to test, didnt know where to set it so i stopped there. Regardless I have a suggestion for your kit layout sheet. It would be a good idea to include amperage ratings in your documentation and suggestions where to set svr2 with red, green, uv, cw, rb, cyan leds in a string.

so, set svr2 at 700 for the white string (with cw, green, red, and uv)? and 1.3 for the blue string? that would be the max?

6. Rapid LED

Rapid LED 3reef Sponsor

Thanks for the tip, think it's a good idea and we'll look to add that. You are correct, 700mA on the white string (with other colors) and 1.3A on the blue string (if just all royal blue) is fine.