Selling My Tank

Discussion in 'RARS' started by PackLeader, Mar 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Well, unfortunately it has come down to me not being able to keep my tank up and running. So, it's gotta go for the greater good. Just as an FYI this is in our club section, and I will not be shipping anything. Just get a hold of me if you're interested in anything, either through here, facebook, on the phone, whatever. Either the complete system or I will part it out, the latter of which will be most likely. Check out my tank page for everything, and let me know if you want anything more specific as to the details of the equipment, livestock, or corals.
    I do still plan on being part of the hobby, and will still continue to try to be a part of this board. I don't consider this a retirement from the hobby, just a temporary leave of absence, due to the chronic illnesses and the unemployment that has come along with it. I just have to step away for a while due to economic reasons, but I will be back later on own the road when I get back on my feet again.
    :cry:

3 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Ack! Just wanted to say sorry to see you have to part with your tank! Times are rough! But hopefully Will see you back and rolling out a new tank soon! Best of luck selling/parting with the tank!

4. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Really sorry you have to sell your tank, but I'm very happy to read you will be back!! Make sure you check in with us!! :) We will miss you if you disappear.

Best of luck to you!!

5. dkuryga

dkuryga Astrea Snail

bummer, hurry back

6. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Man sorry to see you have to get rid of the tank. You put so much work into it. Wife's out of work so I cant afford to buy anything at the moment.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  7. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    that really really sucks,is it possible to keep your tank and switch to freshwater for awhile? it would dramatically cut down your electric bills and maintenance,and obviously when things (if) things turn around you'll have the tank? i've been wanting to get out of my reef for sometime,and for similiar reasons. but i live in the absolute middle of nowhere and would pretty much have to throw away rock, corals etc...

8. Click Here!

9. slocal

slocal Doot!

That blows PL. You're one cool cat and I hope you can at least stick around the forums.

10. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

good luck man. keep your spirits up. :)

11. lfckenya

lfckenya Spaghetti Worm

sad to see you go packleader. hope your health takes a turn for the better. on the tank aspect, im sure there are a number of 3reef members who would gladly babysit your coral until you decide to get back into the hobby.....

12. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Jason,
    Number One....not having a tank doesn't give one the right not to log onto 3Reef. I expect to see you here from time to time. That's an order. ;D

Number Two....have you considered just mothballing things for a bit. Most people I know who have quit sell their equipment for pennies on the dollar and then 5 years later buy it all again for full price. It's just something to consider.