Selling my tank

Discussion in 'RARS' started by PackLeader, Jun 15, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Well guys, tonight was the night. Officially transferred everything over to the 200.
    So, the smaller system has to go. Checking the calculator here, it turns out it's a 38 not a 40 (doh!). But anyways.
    My smaller tank set-up. Includes everything but the rock and livestock. 38 gallon with stand. Lighting is a custom unit running a 150W MH, 2 39W T5's, and lunar LED's. Halide bulb is a 14000K SPS, and T5's are UVL 420nm actinics, all with about 4 months on them. Skimmer is a Octopus BH-100F. Comes with 2 Koralia 1 powerheads, 1 penguin 660 powerhead, grounding probe, and a brand new heater. Can also include brand new, fine white argonite sand if wanted for no additional cost. Basically you are getting a kick-butt turn-key system capable of keeping anything under the sun coral wise for the price of the bigger "____ cubes".
    Asking $350 firm. Local pick up only. You can either come out here to Spanish Springs to get it, or I would be willing to take it to my work (Downtown area near Peppermill) if you can come get it between 8-5, M-F.
    You can check out my thread on the tank here to see the entire history of the tank.
    Any other questions, feel free to ask!

http://www.3reef.com/forums/show-off-your-fish-tanks/packleaders-40-gallon-thread-52745.html

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. AaaRr

AaaRr Spaghetti Worm

Sent private message.

1 person likes this.
  4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

UPDATE:
    Tank is now sold. Thanks to AaaRr for stopping by today. I hope it brings you many years of enjoyment!

5. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

How does it feel, now that you have no "fall-back" tank? lol

6. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Congrats to both of you. AaaRr for getting a great set up and Jason for unloading. Now you have more money to sink into your tank.

7. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Actually, good! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my tanks. But when both systems were running there for a while I was growing really tired of aquariums ;D I am happy being a one-system dude ;)

Oh, don't even get me started. I just sank a bunch more today. I have recently came to the acceptance that large tanks cost a lot more than smaller tanks. I know, a brilliant discovery. You guys can all thank me later for that one.
    What I need to do is spend money elsewhere. I might actually buy some food or something one of these days, or maybe even some gas for the truck. But there are a lot of different corals that I have yet to acquire. We shall see!

8. Click Here!

9. AaaRr

AaaRr Spaghetti Worm

Thanks so much it almost goes in my room. Now i have two brown stained furniture and the rest black lol. Spent forever having to add another outlet in my room computers and aquariums as hobbies not the smarts thing I have done... I already added in 50lbs of amazing looking rock from RNOCorals and a seed of 10lbs of sand from him and the rest of the sand was sand from what Jason gave me. The skimmer was a pain cause I had no clue how to start the siphon Jason told me but telling and doing is a lot different. I got a couple lovely mouth fulls of marine water it was FANTASTIC! Still not really sure how I got the skimmer to work. :S I will take pictures when the sand has settled. Oh and I have not told RNOCoral this yet but I got a hitchhiker lol he scared me when I was moving the rock to the tank; he deiced to come out one hole of the rock and back in the other. I did not get that great of a look at him so I have really no clue what he is. Best I can describe is a crawdad looking creature or lobster? Not sure he was small.

10. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I am not sure on the hitch hiker, maybe a lobster or mantis?
    In regards to the skimmer, I really can't think of a better way to describe how to start it. It really is a PITA. The only other thing I could add is to take a large souvenir type cup and pour that in the inlet chamber while you try to siphon start it so it doesn't run dry. If you cant get it, I can come by this weekend and get it started for you.
    Sorry I just got your text about it like 15 minutes ago, don't know your personal schedule so didn't want to reply this late. But let me know if you have any troubles, I'm just down the road a little ways.

11. AaaRr

AaaRr Spaghetti Worm

Its running right now I added a lot of water in started the pump and just sucked eventually it worked. I am up a lot of the time hard to wake me. :p

12. AaaRr

AaaRr Spaghetti Worm

Okay Jason I can not get this skimmer to stop putting pig bubbles out of the return any suggestions?