Seaclone Skimmers

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Craig Manoukian, Dec 16, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mirosh

mirosh Feather Duster

Sco,

Thanks for the pic...that is a very nice system you got goin there!

Thanks again,
    Mike

2. Click Here!

3. somethingfishy

somethingfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

Forgive me but I'm not sure the reason for the check valves. Could you please explain this?

4. Scoffer

Scoffer Banned

Well, the output check valve is to restirct flow, which increases the water level inside the main tube. At least I had to do mine that way.

The intake check valve, maybe if you had too strong of a pump? dont really know, I didn't use one on my intake.

If you know different, please tell me!! I've asked quite o few people on mine, but alsways got different answers. I found that diagram here I think, and went with it....

thanks
    Scp

5. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

I think they got their act together. I got a Seaclone 100 for chirstmas it was the cheapest of the one I asked for and it was the one I got. It works good though. and I have not had any problems. Mine was made in 2004. Is it the best skimmer in the world? No. Is it the best skimmer you can get for $60. Yeah.

6. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

The problem with the Seaclones are that you have to fiddle with the venturi valve every few days and it becomes tiresome. Plus they are almost impossible to clean the reaction tube once calcium deposits start forming.

7. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

Accurate write up on SeaClones. I have a 150 and feel the same about it. It's also quite easy to clean.

8. Click Here!

9. frank_broderick

frank_broderick Astrea Snail

I have the seaclone 150 working ok took about 3 weeks for the foam to come.yes I have to fiddle with that value also. Seems to work the best when foam filter is dirty????

10. dano

dano Spaghetti Worm

mine is about to be tossed for a aqua c pretty soon here. i have noticed it only skims well when there is salt deposits forming in the air intank. and after about two days the intake gets clogged and needs to be cleaned. then wont skim for two days untill deposits start forming again.

11. hunterd_67

hunterd_67 Plankton

i traded mine in for a ASM g1X, I had to clean the seaclone every 2 or 3 days cause it was clogged it was pita.

12. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

Gee, I've just never had those kind of problems. I'd just give it a good cleaning about every quarter and it just chunked along. Oh, I never ran the foam prefilter on any of my skimmers.