santa monica algae turf scrubber surf 4 ?

Discussion in 'Algae' started by chum, Jan 25, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

getting ready to make the jump from my aquaripure nitrate filter to one of these units. my aquaripure keeps clogging no matter what i do to prevent it. my nitrates are now running at 40ppm in my fish only. i have to feed my moorish idol 4 times a day so i need something that can handle the load. seems like these are good units but i would like to hear from any one who has one.

2. Click Here!

3. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Todd Sails has been running a DIY turf scrubber for awhile now, hopefully he'll pop in and give you a few ideas. I've been toying with the idea of getting rid of my fuge and doing an ATS but wonder about a safe haven for my pods to grow. My only issue with this set up would be the shade it would create otherwise I think it's a great idea. I love the fact that it'll feed your tangs as well, sorta like it's own auto fish feeder. :) Best of luck.

chum likes this.
  4. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

my tank is 6' long so shade is not a issue and pods are of no concern for my type of system. thanks for your input.

5. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Santa Monica turf scrubbers are excellent provided they are sized correctly.You can pm them for assistance with that.

6. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

thx vinny, its a lot of money to spend on something you are not sold on yet. my aquaripures have worked well for a number of years but seem to be giving my issues now. i was going to email them but the web site is no longer there. i am afraid to have another bad experience.