Royal nature reef salt

Discussion in 'Salt' started by tank1970, Feb 14, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tank1970

tank1970 Bubble Tip Anemone

Thought I would pass on some info about this salt I have been using for the last two months (I do 10% wc per week)

I must admit this salt has been very good so far I have noticed that my brain coral and torch coral have been doing very well over the last two months. They seem to be fuller and active.

Here are the specs on it
    Royal Nature

Has anyone used this salt?

2. Click Here!

3. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

Excellent choice. They use evaporated seawater rather than mined salts – this is suppose to ensure the proper trace elements and the mix of them are the closest to seawater. I think they also claim that by using the evaporation vs. mining technique gives the mix balanced PH and alkalinity at natural sea water. There was an article in one of my magazines not too long ago – I can look for it later tonight when I get home. This product caught my eye and I am interesting in exploring it more. Right now I use Red Sea and am very pleased.

4. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

whats the price tag on this..

i use coralife and have the same numbers, mag and cal is a little higher in coralife, and coralife is only 10$ a 50 gallon bag..and ever since i switched i have never had to dose anything..

i realize this salt is made different than others, but is it that much different for use to get all hyped up about??

5. tank1970

Yea that is what the claim is - so far it looks like it's correct - my parameters have been very steady - I was using instant ocean and my cal was only around 350 - now after using this salt my cal is @ 400 mag has also increased from 1200 to 1300. I did a 10 gal change the first time (I was worried about my cal) and have done 5 gal changes every week since.
    Ph has been steady @ 8.2/8.3
    It does dissolve very well too - but I have only been using it for two months

6. tank1970

I am in Canada so prices are a little more :eek:
    It was about $15 more for a bucket over the instant ocean

7. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

thats really not bad at all..canada prices, should be a little less here..

how long has this salt been out?? have you found any other reviews about it???

ive never heard of it, or seen any fish store around here carrry it, or at least never asked??

8. Click Here!

9. tank1970

I believe it's been out for about 18 months now
    I think they are a company that mostly sells to the EU - maybe it's not the U.S yet.

10. marinesalt

marinesalt Plankton

11. Sharkys

Sharkys Plankton

Royal Nature salt

I have been using it for the last 3 years great salt all natural. It was tuff getting it for a while but now there is a new distributer in the USA. I found a store that carries it by going on the Facebook Page and e mailing them. Royal Nature USA. The aquarium I have is a Red Sea 175 and it has been looking good cant deal with all the salts that burn your hands that is not natural at all.