Review of the MF-121 Warner Marine skimmer

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Vinnyboombatz, Jun 4, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bryce

Bryce Plankton

Do you know the minimum space required to fit this skimmer? If I have a chamber of 7" length X 12" wide X 16" high with 10" deep water, is the 7" length enough or will the rims around the cylinder/cone not allow it to slide into a 7" spot? Thanks so much.

2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

It should fit but you don't have the height.The skimmer is 21 inches high.:(

4. Bryce

Bryce Plankton

Oh the sump is 16" high but stand space is 28" high so as long as it will slide down into the 7" x 12" X 16" slot the height should be ok even if I need to raise it up to get to 8-9" water depth (since my water depth is 10"). I just dont want to buy it and find out that yea the bottom was 6.5" but you need like 8" of space because of the blue "rims"/ rings around the cylinder. Thanks

5. Carelecjosh1000

Carelecjosh1000 Plankton

Trying to Get ahold of a Warner Marine Skimmer!!!

H'i, I'm Josh and new here and needless to say fed up with my Coralife Skimmer!!! So I've been resaerching replacements and down to 4 basic Brands Warner Marine Reef Dynamics Vertex and Tunze would like to hear what you all have to say about these brands and if the guy that reviewed the Warner Marine MF-121 could tell me where he found it for that price!!! Would be greatly Appreaciated!!!!

6. Vinnyboombatz

7. Joker619

Joker619 Plankton

A few issues

I purchased a 121 straight from Jon about 3 months ago. I've been having a few problems with start up and water levels fluctuating randomly. I set it and after going back to it, either see that it's way lower than I set it or is overflowed. My water levels are always the same in my sump and tank for I have a tunze auto topoff. I PMed Jon so hopefully we can get this figured out. I dwell on feedings and water changes when I turn off the skimmer. I pray mine turns back on. It works well when it's on though and when the pump pumps the water levels the same in the skimmer.

8. Click Here!

9. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

Why dont you just leave it running and shut off the return pump when feeding. I have the bigger version of this skimmer and after feeding the water level will drop off for a bit, but comes back shortly after. I never have to adjust it

10. Vinnyboombatz

Be sure you have the newest impeller.The posts on the impeller should have tapered ends.If your impeller does not have tapered ends PM Jon and he will send you out a new impeller.Heres a picture of the first gen. impeller and I too had some startup issues with it. Jon sent me the newest one and haven't had any more problems.

[​IMG]

11. kv2wr1

kv2wr1 Astrea Snail

Can you post a picture of the new impellar? I think my MF-201 came with that impellar as well. Or is this just an issue with the 121's?

12. Vinnyboombatz

Not sure but I think all the impellers were improved.Will take a picture of the new one and post it tomorrow.;)