Reef Octopus bh-2000 came in the mail today!

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by billybaldwin3, Feb 27, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billybaldwin3

billybaldwin3 Skunk Shrimp

sweeeeet!

it came a week early!

i'm excited to have it, but not looking forward to putting it together.

now i just have to wait on my wave maker to get here, then i can finally put in water etc!!!

:)

2. Click Here!

3. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

I got the diablo xs-200 It's nice. What else you got going on? You building a tank?

4. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

They are really simple to put together despite the poor instructions.Just be sure to place the three O-rings in the proper place.I found it best to attach the venturi assembly to the pump first and then attach the whole assembly by alligning both connections and tightening both a little at a time till both are snug.Hand tighten only,using tools could cause damage by over tightening.

5. billybaldwin3

yep. just building a tank.

i found one thing i dont like about it though. the pipes that come into the tank stick out too far and they don't allow my glass top to fit properly. gonna have to find a glass cutter or something.

6. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

It would be better to ditch the glass top and make a screen top for your tank.A screen top gives you better gas exchange and doesn't reduce your lighting.You will have more evaporation but this can help to keep your tank cool in warm weather.

7. billybaldwin3

i just don't want any water getting up into my lighting, it's got a plastic cover between the bulbs n the water but still....

wouldn't it rust anyway?

what about feeding? i would then have to remove my lighting, then the screen just to feed.

i suppose i could put in a trap door.

how much water evaporates everyday if i were to do that?

8. Click Here!

9. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

so your light rest on top of the tank is what you are saying? If that is the case agree keep the glass top just keep it clean and make sure you have plenty of top water agitation for gas exchange.

Alot of people have canopies and hanging lights or goose-neck for their lights which allows open top or screens.

A far as evaporation depends on where you live, your house and other factors.

10. billybaldwin3

yeah, my light has legs on it, but it rests on top of the tank.

my boss told me about a glass cutter that's right around the block from where i work, so i think i'm gonna make a template, and take the glass top to him . see if he can cut some notches out for me.