Reef Breeders LED light questions

Discussion in 'Reef Breeders' started by SaltyClown, Jan 26, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

Sounds awesome! Do you think low light corals would live at the sides of the tank? Or would the 120 optics be better? And does your 75 have a plastic bar in the middle at the top?

2. Click Here!

3. tonythereefer

tonythereefer Fire Shrimp

Yes I think low light corals or even nps corals would do great on the sides right now I have a candy cane on the left side of my tank that opens nice and full so I wouldn't worry about low light corals they'll be fine

And yes I do have a plastic center brace, don't worry about a shadow the brace does not affect the light at all

4. Lbannie

Lbannie Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have the 32" as we'll. love it! One cord is so nice!! I think you'll really like the built in timer

5. chealy

chealy Spaghetti Worm

Keep in mind that if you go with the 32" and you have a middle brace on your tank it will cast a shadow down onto the sand/rock/coral.

With 2 fixtures you won't have that problem with the center brace.

6. tonythereefer

tonythereefer Fire Shrimp

just like I mentioned above I have a center brace and I don't get any shadow from it, at least not that I notice

7. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

reefbreeders

these are the ones i have. No digital display but it has dimmer nobs on top. they work great. I have 2 over the 75 with center brace. I can put sofites any where on sand bed and they will grow. With 90* optics.

8. Click Here!

9. jborlace

jborlace Purple Spiny Lobster

Do you happen to have any pics of the lights. I'm thinking about getting two of those for my 48" 55 gallon.

10. Stevefromtpsfld

Stevefromtpsfld Bristle Worm

I want the controllable one for my 29 gallon 30" wide. Thinking the 24" with 120 will be if e for me. Great options for the price too.

11. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

You would do well with 90 degree optics, 120s would give a little light spill. Typically with 90 degree optics you can cover a 35" tank at 6" over the water.

12. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Moved to Reef Breeders forum