Reef Breeders 32 inch, any video reviews?

Discussion in 'Reef Breeders' started by SaltyClown, Mar 9, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

I'm looking into buying the reef breeders 32 inch light. The $ for these LEDs can't be beat. I would just like to see if there are any reviews of the light, because I have a hood over my tank that I'm going to keep on because I have a 1 year old and I baby sit at times. I don't want the kids to go blind by looking up at the tank. My canopy over my tank, on the inside is L 49in, W 19in, H 5in. I know that's not very high at all but, it is what it is. I'll make it work. The reef breeders 32in light is 32x8x2. I know it'll be odd, but that's one reason I want the controllable light.

2. Click Here!

3. Industry

Industry Astrea Snail

I will put up a video of my 24" when it gets here if that is any help.

4. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

Sure! Thank you! I'd like to see it.

5. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

that canopy isn't going to be tall enough for you to get the coverage you need. I have the 32" fixture and have it about 10 - 12 inches off of the water to get the coverage necessary to cover a 4 ft tank.

6. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

yeah, the owner told me that too. But I don't know what else to buy. I know the Radions are thin and might work, but I'm not going to spend $1,400 on lights...what a joke.

7. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

you may be able to get by with 2 of the value fixtures. You would have to drill holes in the top of your canopy though. You just want to be able to let the heat out. Personally, I would build a taller canopy and put the lights in there. I really like mine because they are in a canopy and you aren't blinded by them.

8. Click Here!

9. weems23

weems23 Astrea Snail

You can get the same light straight from china through Alibaba.com and save 50-100 bucks. Just gotta deal with emailing the Chinese.

10. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Moved to Reef Breeders forum.

11. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

You are right but there's a couple of things here that make buying through reefbreeders worthwhile:
    1. They take care of the warranty
    2. You deal with someone who speaks decent english
    3. The layout is proven

12. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

I would go through reefbreeders. I just want this to work out. I know it woulda be a tight fit...I'll keep looking to see what I can do.