Reef Angel reviews?

Discussion in 'Reef Angel' started by CaveKitty, Sep 24, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CaveKitty

CaveKitty Plankton

Does anyone on this forum have some experience with this controller? I recently stumbled upon and they hardware seems really impressive. I am thinking of picking it up for my new 55g, but wanted to see what everyone else thought :) Thank you.

2. Click Here!

3. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

I own it, love it. I recomend it 100%. If you have a basic background in either programming or building webpages using html then it is a simple task. Otherwise takes a little getting used to the programming code. It is an awesome machine that you can program to do anything you can think of.

4. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Agreeed, and for the learning curve Roberto is a great helper!

5. CaveKitty

CaveKitty Plankton

So you have to program everything? Or is that for custom made stuff?

6. Zechenia

Zechenia Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

It comes with some custom stuff on it. But, I highly recommend learning the programming on it. It's not too hard, and it's great for setting it up just like you want it to be!

I love mine!

7. reefangel

reefangel 3reef Sponsor

There is also the Reef Angel Wizard that lets you program the controller very easily with no code knowledge at all.

8. Click Here!

9. tinctorus

tinctorus Feather Duster

I was initially planning on getting a RKE for my RSM130 but I decided today to take a look at what all the hooplah is about in regards to the ReefAngel and I have to honestly say I CHANGED MY MIND on the RKE...

The ReedAngel just seems like a MUCH nicer control unit for the money and the expansion modules are MUCH nicer as well, I have been looking at getting a dosing pump as well for my setup and I really like that fact that ReefAngel sells a 2 units dosing pump for only $109 as opposed to something like the bubble magus or other 3 units pumps for over 300 dollars
    It just didnt make sense to me to get a 3 unit pump when I only need to dose a 2 part solution, Plus there ATO pump is priced very nicely and to be honest the entire ReeAngel setup just looks KILLER

I really think that this is going to be a better solution for me than anything else on the market, Also the WiFi ability of it is a very nice feature along with all of the other modules that can be used with it

I honestly think that $ for $ this is going to be a better choice for me as well as most people

10. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

I got my RA expecting that I would need to learn a little coding, but so far the wizard has done everything I need. Highly recommended!

11. dbmet

dbmet Plankton

I'll agree with everything that has been said above..I got mine and started with the Reef Angel Wizard and then started asking questions on the forum

d

12. Zechenia

Zechenia Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I LOVE mine. I have made it do so many unique things specific to my aquarium setup that I couldn't imagine using any other controller.

I've had a few issues (mainly when upgrading libraries) but a quick trip to the forums to get help and I've always gotten quick and friendly support (Also, I am in the software business so the coding aspect as been a little easier for me :p)