Reef Ai Controllers May Control the World

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 6, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

You know everybody G. :) Did you see system up close?

2. Click Here!

3. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I spoke with Scott about it at the show, but I really didn't leave my booth to look around that far away. I've been watching since the get go with them, and my old boss (Ready Reed) was helping man the booth. Very interesting project to say the least, and I wish them all the success. Heck, I volunteered to do the white papers for them.

4. Clownfishy

Clownfishy Plankton

Can wait for this to be released as I will be ordering one :)

5. herring_fish

herring_fish Plankton

From all that I can tell, this is a fantastic product. I can’t wait to buy one. I have been hanging around for a long, long time, looking for anything about this system, other than the equipment in the videos that are posted on their Facebook account and Youtube. How long should I wait? I have sent e-mails and messages but get no response. From what I have read, this makes many people uncomfortable in addition to me.
    I can understand that they could burn up a lot of valuable time just answering information requests and that they may have decided that they don’t have the resources to deal with the general public. That’s fine.

Never the less, someone could write up the reasons why they can’t respond to us or just make a video explaining that. They could answer a few of the most popular non-hardware questions that they must be aware of. If they can’t supply support, they should just say so!
    Perhaps they could say if they will offer it at some guessed at season in the future or will it only be a system for sophisticated users that can hook things up and write code for themselves. That may be the permanent plan or just until they have more money coming in and therefore more staff to deal with the public. Perhaps the people that buy product do get support at some level but how could I buy something from someone that I cannot interact with in any way or get one way feedback from some other channel? What if part or all of it doesn’t work for me? What happens then?

Do any users hang out on any forums? Does anybody have a running blog? I’m I just over looking them? I would like to see or read about anyone that is using these products but it seems like everything is a secret.

I would like to see a video on how it hooks up. I’d like to see how it works on any home or office aquarium, even one that is owned by the company. How do you hook up the software in and example system? Can you customize it and what level of knowledge do you need to do that, now and in the future. Does this system even come with a manual? Perhaps in a video, they could show a few pages to see if it is text only, or some polished document …or a video of its own? Simple or fancy, at least a potential customer could make up his or her mind on whether they are up to using the product. …or is it just a loose collection of parts that work on the factory bench?