RB LED for a 75g *update*

Discussion in 'Reef Breeders' started by Blue Falcon, Sep 16, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

*update*

OK so I just pulled the trigger and purchased the photon 32" with 90 degree optics. I'm SO excited. My ATI T5 fixture just sold on ebay so I pretty much broke even. Been wanting LED's for awhile, I'm sure I'll love them. I will let you guys know when I get them and i'll do a review WITH PICS! Hope I dont miss those ATI bulb color combos. I had to pull a T5 fixture off my planted tank so my corals wouldnt be in the dark and MAN those freshwater bulbs are UGLY. makes my coral brown. lol

2. Click Here!

3. Ducncover

Ducncover Skunk Shrimp

Ive had the photon24 for a couple months now, and like it. The important thing is to start the intensity low to begin with.....I started at 35% both channels and have been working myself up 5% per week...Im currently at 70% which is where im going to leave it.... I tried 80% but bleached my brain coral which is about 30" below the light.....

4. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

yeah i really wish I had a par meter. I'll probably just eye ball it on the low side to be safe and work my way up. Most of my LPS and SPS are in the center of my tank with zoas and shrooms on the sides so I think this fixture will work great .