Rapid led supplimental lighting

Discussion in 'RapidLED' started by ontop27, Jan 23, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

Rapid said this would work i just want everyones thoughts and to see if anyone has anything similar...,

I want to add slightly more color to my 50 gallon breeder. Currently I have 4 T5s (ati blue plus x2, fiji purple, ati coral plus) and two all royal blue par 30's. Tank has a slight blue look but I'd like a little more.

For about 109 shipped I can get a rapid led dimmable driver, 36" heat sink, thermal glue (i dont want to screw) end cap, jump wire, and 9 solderless leds with wire. Anything im missing?

Here is the combination I was looking at

B-UV-Cyan-RB-B-RB-Cyan-UV-Blue (rbs in middle because my par 30 rbs are toward the outside of the tank)

Do you think it would blend well with no optics and is it worth $109.. I know I basically can get a whole led fixture for $175 but I like my T5s. The money isn't really a factor, but I'd like to know for $109 I would be adding some color and maybe a tad par.

Thoughts?? Rapid said my combination would work on this driver
    http://www.rapidled.com/0-10v-dimmable-nano-driver-with-potentiometer/
    which I like because I don't have to worry about wiring power cords. Also thermal pads over the glue?? Thanks all

2. Click Here!

3. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

No one...bueler....