R-300 Sump (Specific) Dimensions?

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by evolved, Aug 10, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Hi there,

The only information you publish are the overall dimensions of the sump and the dimensions of the skimmer section. I'm interested in the other two chambers. As much as I've scoured the internet, I can't find a consistent answer. Can you provide the dimensions of the refugium and return chambers in the R-300 sump (gen-2)? I'm mainly interested in height of the baffle exiting the refugium section (and therefore the water height of the skimmer section) as well as the width of the return section. Thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

R-300 - 36x16x16, Refugium compartment 16x15.5x10, skimmer compartment 12x15.5, return compartment 6x15.5
    Skimmer compartment water level 8 to 9 inches - baffle of the skimmer side 15 7/8 x 15 1/2
    return compartment baffle size 14 7/8 high, baffle on refugium side is 9 inches plus 1 inch where the teeth are for the water to go through.

4. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Much appreciated! Thank you.

5. reef84

reef84 Feather Duster

I was looking into getting one of these but i see multiple sites selling different versions and im not sure which one they will send me. the baffles between the skimmer and fuge compartments i have seen some with two and some with just one. very confused as to why this is

6. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

The current product has the single baffle. I believe early production or just the prototype had two, hence why some photos show it. Anything new will have the single.

7. reef84

reef84 Feather Duster

8. Click Here!

9. reef84

reef84 Feather Duster

does the single baffle really go all the way up to the top of the sump? My skimmer needs to be in no more than 9 1/2 inches of water

10. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Yes, but there is an opening in the lower half of the baffle, so the water will never reach the top of the baffle. The height is still determined by the return section.

Here is an old picture of my R-200 while water is flowing through it:

[​IMG]

Let me know if this makes sense or not.

1 person likes this.
  11. reef84

reef84 Feather Duster

so a DSB is not possible with the opening allowing the water through? and do you remember what the water height was? The skimmer i plan on using can't exceed 9 1/2 inches and i can't prop it up on anything as i only have 20inches clearance in the cabinet.

12. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

^Yup, you'll be fine. It won't be deeper than 9 1/2".