Questions

Discussion in 'Reef Breeders' started by cosmo, Aug 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Hey Logan,

Hello, I sent ya a email and look forward to talking to ya, but thought I'd start a thread.

So here's my plan, I have a rapidled system on my tank, but want more colors and less wires. What I want to do is buy one of your lights and compare to my system, yours on one side, mine on the other, and then sell whatever I don't keep, and buy another one of yours if I like it better. 90G tank, currently on each side is;
    all Cree
    9 CW and 3 NW
    10 RB and 6 blue
    6 violets

So I was thinking of adding one of the following; 120W or 96W bridgleux verse the 72W Cree value fixture.

I'd like to stick at $200, am loyal to Cree's but like the additional color options of the bridgelux.

Feel free to call me or chat it out here;)
    Ryan

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

I had the same issue, I'd rather go crees, but everywhere I read states that sps does much better with uv so I went with bridgelux hopefully it arrives soon!

4. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

Go nw and rb, better colors than cw and blue IMO.

5. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

IME, that will give corals a pastel color. A couple NW might give a little benefit, but too many will harm corals.