Question

Discussion in 'RARS' started by highdesertreef, Jun 1, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

2. Click Here!

3. highdesertreef

highdesertreef Flamingo Tongue

Yeah I showed my wife the materials they use in the premade stands and how much they cost. And she changed her mind.

4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

The only thing I see, and I am not trying to be rude or anything, but in my honest opinion, your equipment list reads out like a well set-up 55 gallon. IMHO, almost none of that would cut it for a 120. The pump is not pressure rated at all, and with a head of six feet, you will only be pushing a little over 400GPH, and that's not including elbows. For a skimmer on a 120, I would look into a ASM G2, G3, PM bullet 1/2, something along those lines. For the MP20 to work properly, it needs to be in a tank under 70 gallons. So you would need at least 1 MP40, or look to other means. Have you put any thought into phosphate and carbon reactors? What about lighting?

5. highdesertreef

No offense taken. This is a list of the equipment I need to add to what I currently run. I want a slow flow through the fuge so there is more contact time with the macro. The total GPH for the return is 442GPH with a head loss of 6.39'. Might get the 4000 which will privide 546GPH. The VorTech will be working in conjunction with 2 Koralia 2's (until I can/decide to get the upgrade or another MP20) for a total max flow of 3200GPH. I decided to go with the in sump Octopus NWB-150 Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer. I will be running the CPR BakPak 2+R skimmer as well. I use the final chamber to run carbon and purigen. For lighting I am deciding between T-5's, MH+PC, or MH.

6. highdesertreef

I am still planing this were just waiting till tax time.