Photon 24 Shipping Timeline

Discussion in 'Reef Breeders' started by Astrick117, Apr 3, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Hey,

Just curious what your current shipping timeline is for the Photon 24's? I ordered one two weeks ago and wanted to see if you knew when it might go out.

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

Hi, we have another shipment coming next week that will get us in stock or very close to it.

4. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

5. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Any update on this? My tank is in dire need of new lighting, as my T5 bulbs are way past their prime.

6. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

yes, we will have more photon24s in a couple weeks. We have the 16s in stock.

7. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Does that mean I will have to wait a couple more weeks for my order to be shipped? It's already been 3+ since I placed the order...

8. Click Here!

9. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

10. j3st3r

j3st3r Plankton

well I was all set to order 2 photon 24's but after seeing this I think I will have to go with a different albeit more expensive led. from everything I've read about the photons they seem to be a fantastic bang for the buck led. but if it takes weeks to potential months to get them not sure how comfortable I feel about getting a fast warranty replacement if they can't keep any in stock. I don't know about anyone else but I know corals can't go for weeks or potentially months without light if a unit malfunctions and has to be replaced.

11. Jlobes

Jlobes Coral Banded Shrimp

like I have said before...time is $$.

I think the RB units are a decent LED unit, especially for the price. But, if a distributor is constantly on backorder that is an issue. seems, that with every order there should be "extras" coming in as well to fill the future orders.

Its not as if RB is the only company with this lighting unit. they can be found elsewhere.

Or there is always, Kessil, maxspect, ecotech, vertex, RapidLED, or one of the many other lighting manufacturers

12. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

My main issue is that they charged me when I placed the order, knowing that they didn't have a unit to ship- they should have only charged me when they shipped the unit.

The other part is that they told me they had some coming in this past week, so they would have stock and now it is all of a sudden another 2 weeks or more.

I work in business/ marketing, so I know that things don't always go according to plan. Manufacturers can only produce so many units and it sounds like they are at capacity.

HOWEVER, if that is the case, timelines on the website should be changed to reflect the actual wait and it would be in their best interest to let people know what is going on. I tried to contact them through their website and got no reply, so I decided to post here. Not once, have they reached out to me to provide an update without me having to contact them first.

This kind of lack of communication is a quick way to lose customers...especially if they have to post in a public space to get an answer. That tends to really sully what previously appeared to be a solid reputation.

Looks like I will just have to wait...