Orange Diamond Goby (Valenciennea puellaris) - April '06 FOTM

Discussion in 'Fish of the Month' started by Matt Rogers, Apr 3, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

The only one I had rarely ate. So ya make sure the little guy eats

J

2. Click Here!

3. Pisces23

Pisces23 Sea Dragon

Thanks for the advice. I've already asked JustPhish (who I'm planning on getting the fish from) about what he's feeding it currently.

4. Breed

Breed Feather Duster

I have a pair of Diamond Gobies who have done really well to clean my sand. I was wondering if they would get on with a lawnmower or similar blenny in a 135 gallon tank?

Cheers,

Breed

5. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

my lawn mower stayed to itself and did not care about other gobies at all

6. courterbobby

courterbobby Plankton

Diamond Goby

I bought a diamond goby a week ago. When I was doing a water change two days ago he jumped out and became dog food :( it was sad, but now I know to to keep my tank covered as much as possibly. I love the learning experience Im getting with this hobby

7. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

I know I'm really late to the game on this one...but my Diamond Watchman was my favorite fish. It was always interested in what I was doing, and not only built burrows, but actually struggled with shells and rocks bigger than his head to build a wall LOL. Never had a jumping problem at all.
    View attachment 33534
    View attachment 33533

It even teamed up with my tiny red-headed goby and my tiny blue coral-banded shrimp. Of course I can't find the decent pic I have of the 3 of them, just 2 really small ones under the actinics that you can't even really see the shrimp in!

I saw one that my LFS just got in today. I'm sure it'll be gone by the time my tank is ready, but I'll be getting another for sure!

Last edited: May 2, 2012