Octopus Hang On Back Skimmer

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Happyface888, Dec 5, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ginxing

ginxing Plankton

Has anyone tried out the CPR bubble trap on their BH100F. Does it need some break in period before working. Thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I have a BH 100F and im having troubles getting the pump to work right. When I first got it and had it running it was great, then the pump stopped makeing bubble, i cant figure out how to get it out and check the pump itseflt so id did a little couch thing for a week where is would pump too much water out from the intake. Any ideas on how to maintain it?

4. delreefer

delreefer Astrea Snail

As a owner of a bh300f for two months, here are my observations:
    A. As it was dropped ship straight from coralvue, the skimmer was packed well , though the air lines came off during shipping, had to reattach.
    B. make sure you take the skimmer apart and check the impellars. one of mine had a impellar that a plastic washer had broken off and it made a heck of a noise during use. had to contact coralvue for a replacement, coralvue was really good about sending one by protiy mail. now the skimmer is real quiet.
    C. you need to play around with the collection cup level to find the sweet spot for waste removal.
    Overall, a good, quiet skimmer. Yes, I would purchase again.

5. Anldyxp

Anldyxp Skunk Shrimp

Sorry for bringing this thread back to life, but can anyone make a comparison between the Reef octopus bh100 with the Aquac Remora? Has anyone owned them both?