Oceanic is making salt now!

Discussion in 'Salt' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 19, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

It would not be out of the question for a salt maker to skimp on the quality of their product once they achieve market pentration, if profit is the primary motivator.

2. Click Here!

3. saltydog

saltydog Guest

If you don't mind hair algae, this salt is for you! Everyone is switching back to their original {reef crystals or Instant Ocean} because the brown hair algae is bad news!

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I will just put my 2 cents in and hopefully it will relive some anxiety about using Oceanic Salt Mix. I have been using it since I set my tank up and I haven't had a problem with it at all, My phosphates are zip and all other parameters are on the money so maybe you should be looking at water sources as a problem and not salt mixes JMO ::)........ John

PS I am still using it so "everyone" is not switching ;) ;D

5. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

[quote author=saltydog link=board=Salt;num=1080587253;start=30#33 date=01/27/05 at 16:32:11]. The problem seemed to originate in the norhteast. [/quote]

;DI live in the Northeast and as I stated no problem here ;D

6. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I am from Utica NY about 50 miles east of Syracuse NY

I would rather be in Florida ;) :Dit is supposed to get down to -15 here tonight Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ;D

PS I am only stating my experience with it and I have nothing bad to say about it :D............ John

7. saltydog

saltydog Guest

My wife is from Cortland, near Binghamton. I'm from Long Island. We will be going up to the endicott area. we were looking at a house in Whiney Point. I use a tunze osmolator on my 90gal. I think it's the best! Was glad to get mine. By the wau, we have the front door open. The weather is beautiful, will miss it.

8. Click Here!

9. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

[quote author=saltydog link=board=Salt;num=1080587253;start=30#37 date=01/27/05 at 18:49:11] By the wau, we have the front door open. The weather is beautiful, will miss it.[/quote]

Rub it in LOL ::) well I know exactly were Whitney point is and if that is were you are moving to you better buy some more winter clothes ;D ;D

10. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I just checked the weather in Whitney point it is 0 and it is going down to -7 tonight ;D

11. saltydog

saltydog Guest

I believe it! I had to close the door. Will probally open it tomarrow, love fresh air. Actually, I like the mountain view. This place reminds me of Long Island. Flat! I'm not going to do any corals because I will have to take the aquarium down and I was through that with the hurricanes. Trying to get all the equipment together that I will need.

12. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

We now return you to our regularly scheduled salt prgramming. ;)