Nuvo 38 help and ideas?

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Anthony Danta, Jun 11, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

It's the same thing with different clown morphs...I've seen plenty of different morphs not take to other morphs, even though they're the same species. Maroon clowns are especially mean towards each other and notorious for not pairing up well.
    You can try another lightning maroon but I would be EXTREMELY careful as they could kill each other f you don't keep an eye on them.

Jm2c

2. Click Here!

3. Anthony Danta

Anthony Danta Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

installed my mp10 tonight got it hooked up through my reef link and then confusion so many options does anyone have a decent schedule to start out with? or a direction to go in? its past my bedtime so i powered it down dont wanna wake up with a mess in the morning if it decides to go full blast because of the pre programs it has set

Corailline likes this.
  4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Work on it tomorrow because it can cause some issues.

I run mine almost full on but it's has got to be positioned right or you get splashes and drips on the opposite end of the tank. It might help to lower your water level a little initially until you figure out how you want to run it. Mine is on Reef Crest. Absolutely love it but I am still figuring mine out as well and I have had it two weeks. There is not a lot of information out there but if you go to youtube you can find some videos to give you guidance.

5. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Reef crest on full. Had to throw in a koralia 750 to get rid of dead spots. I love mine though. Another option is short pulse making a wave. Do you have the instructions manual? It's pretty helpful. If not, eco tech marine website helps.

To get it in reef crest simple hit mode until the dial goes yellow, then adjust the knob to set the highest power level, it will fluctuate randomly from the first level to the highest level you selected. No need to hit any other buttons. If you hit set, it goes into lagoon mode.

6. Anthony Danta

thanks guys I ended up using the template they gave with it and just dialed the power way down till i am home to watch and get it set how id like so currently the highest it runs is 15 percent hopefully this weekend I can spend some time getting the location and settings how id like

7. Anthony Danta

picked up a few new corals last night a Duncan with about 7-8 heads on it really deep green I love it may be one of my favorites between both my tanks and a small zoa rock I decided to do a zoa garden in the bottom right corner pics to follow sometime this weekend!

The lightening is doing good very active compared to my ocellaris clowns in my other tank

love the mp10 right now I only let it get up to 50% I am thinking of going to around 60-65 I love how I can set the schedule for different flows throughout the day

the only issue I have right now is the skimmer it is producing good skim but tons and tons of micro bubbles still so I may be on the look for something new

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

I always have to have a Duncan, I can do without all the other LPS, but I always have a Duncan. They truly appreciate target feedings and really take off growth wise when feed.

Which skimmer do you have, it's a Tunze right? Sometimes if you re-seat the pump it clears up the micro bubble problem, also if you adjust the water level or skimmer depth. I have had 3 tunze's different models and micro-bubbles have never been an issue long term.

10. Anthony Danta

Well here are some new pics I'm sure I will get some crap for this but picked up a bubble tip I know I'm only about 3 months in but I couldn't resist hopefully it works out its been In about a week and the lightening just found him today so the nem had time to find his spot and get comfy also pics of my new Duncan's and Zoas...my mushrooms are growing like crazy started with 3 now have 5 small guys growing along with the original 3

I also installed a reactor and currently running GFO
    Installed a InTank media basket now running filter floss purigen and Chemi-Pure Elite

Attached Files:

11. Corailline

We don't doll out the crap here if you show to be a responsible hobbyist. A Lightening Clown should have only the best. I remember when the first Lightening was acquired by who and how and where it went, yup I am that old. Love that type of clown and hopefully one day I'll have one as well. I am actually quite surprised the mutation came to market so quickly. I first saw them back in 2008 I believe.

Everything looks fantastic.

Now if you had added a Sebae, Gig, or Haddoni, we be throwing down.:rolleyes:

Oh yea Mag too.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  12. Anthony Danta

the clown was active before but honestly just in the past 24 hours i can see his attitude change seems super happy sounds crazy but true and i try to be responsible i have spent a lot of time and money on both tanks so i keep up on everything to the best of my ability

DSC reef and Corailline like this.