Nitrate levels very high for over 2 months

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by afamily848512, Mar 6, 2017.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. afamily848512

afamily848512 Plankton

My nitrate levels in my 90 gallon saltwater tank wont seem to lower. They are and have been over 180ppm. I purchased a nitrate biopellet reactor over 2 months ago. I first had all pump water going through it and back into the tank ( per lfs instructions). Things worsened so i hooked it up as a feed line off the main line and bought a much larger pump (per different lfs instructions and speaking forums). This has been running for about 6 weeks and has helped slightly but is stil over 180ppm and reactor tumble is great. I use a skimmer in sump and it picks up some but not as much as i think it should. I just cant seem to dial it in perfectly. I also have carbon pellets and phospure in micron socks for about 3 weeks along with nitrate and carbone sponges for about 4 weeks now. Phosphate were at 0.2 but is now about 0.05. I was thinking of trying the vodka treatment. Does anyone agree with that idea or have a different suggestion?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk