new biocube

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Swisswiss, Jul 16, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

Sorry I must have missed your cermaic glass question... That my friend I'm not sure of? I believe its regular glass? But I don't want to lie to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSC reef likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

hahahaha...thats not what I was asking...I was asking if it would proove to be a good "filter" to keep my numbers in check

but thx for the reply anyway Cody it the thought that counts

cody3819 likes this.
  4. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

Ooops! Lol and again I miss understand. Yes my friend I run carbon in addition to macro algae. I have 3 nems in a 29G tank so if one takes a turn for the worse I want something a little proactive. But as you know at my tanks one year mark its very stable in terms of nitrates... I'm trying to get the big three stable but that will take time and learning my tank better. I have them down just not were I want. But yes the algae and carbon in addition to skimming and a media bag has been very good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Are you testing Ammonia levels? As long as you get an initial spike (which you have i.e. browning rocks and bacteria bloom), there's no reason to have a "HARD CYCLE". In other words, you don't have to really spike the Ammonia to get the bacteria going (and if too high, can turn a two week cycle into a 2 month cycle.

Water changes on such a small system are quite easy but it's also easy to grow chaetomorpha.

Since they are easy to remove and rinse, that will work. I've put chaetomorpha in suction cup soap holders and that works fine if you don't mind the looks. (You mostly forget it's there after a week or so).

027861-00.jpg