New aquarium 06/12/2011!!! Finally set up!!!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by malac0da13, Feb 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

"Unfortunately" i have no sand and when I did it was black lol. I did try doing a white balance shot with something white but it was to small to Get it good enough. I do have access to a tripod that I did use when I took ultra macro shots of my setosa coral that I should post pics of...byiltra I mean zoomed shots of. Its actually pretty amazing cuz its like zoomed in...my dad actually made the rig when he was quite into photography and it was in a magazine lol...and I have a hard time helping me take pics of my aquarium lol. I'll post the pics of the coral and the rig I used tomorrow. Coral definitely and the rig hopefully. The rig entailed a lens backwards on a bellows box.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Oh, bellows! Thats a real macro stuff!!

4. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I almost think it surpasses macro and is boarder line micro lol. I might jump on my computer soon just to show it...I used my blue moon lights for light so its like ultra macro and has the pink color pop under actinic.

5. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Here we go...I have some more I just cherry picked what i felt is the best. The PITA part was is i had to get so close I had to pull the coral out of the water to photo these.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can take a pic of the colony that these came from tomorrow and Ill tell ya now it has grown but isn't much bigger then it was and it is still small enough to fit on a quater lol. The pics are of one polyp pretty much or the surrounding "things" that are smaller than a polyp that most people haven't seen.

6. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

I see now. Thanks for the pic tho

7. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Yeah its really cool but not practical for 99.99% of picture taking. Its also not that great for the coral lol.