New Additions to the System

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by reef713, Nov 15, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reef713

reef713 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I apologize if these pictures are messed up. I just had LASIK and everything looks blurry and there are at least three of everything. Just finished assembling my sump. I had to change stands to fit the 36 gallon sump. I have an octopus skimmer and phosban reactor. The return pump is a bit too powerful and I have it turned down to the lowest setting.

Do you guys think there is too much flow over the duncans?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a video of the Duncan:

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Congratulations on the Ducan.

Too me it looks just a tad too much flow. The great things about Duncan is though it will tell you almost immediately if there is a problem by not extending the polyps as much, it will withdraw into the skeleton.

4. Ryan_310

Ryan_310 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Nice skimmer I hav the same one :) My duncan likes a lot of flow and being close to the light. Like Corailline saide you will know almost instantly if the duncan isnt happy. He will close all the way up and you will no longer see its heads.

5. reef713

reef713 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

They opened up a few hours after I put them in the tank and have been open since. I have had them for about a week now. I will watch them closely to see if anything changes.