mini nems

Discussion in 'RARS' started by Blooper, Apr 4, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Blooper

Blooper Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Anyone have any?

im liking them a lot.

2. Click Here!

3. Bogalho89

Bogalho89 Plankton

4. Blooper

I mainly meant the mini carpets.
    [​IMG]

I actually do like majanos...I wish they were less evil.

5. rglewis

rglewis Flamingo Tongue

Ive been reading about these. Ive actually never seen one in person, but would love to try one out. Any idea of an online retailer that stocks them? Petco.com ha sthem, but i really dont want to order from them.

6. Blooper

There are lots off good places online to get it, google it and you won't be disappointed. Ebay isn't a bad stop either. LAreefs has both ebay ads and is a dealer... I just ordered from him and am happy with it. I hate to say it, I have very little problem with petco. If you asked me 4 years ago I would have slapped you...at the time I was managing a LFS and had all kinds of high school angst that college hadn't quite beat out of me.

The 2 reddish ones on the bottom of the picture both came out of a petco tank. They were 20 dollars each and frankly, are two of my favorite things in my aquarium.

I have no experience ordering from petcos online store. One thing petco has going for it is that in general...they don't know what they have, and they don't care. Its up to you to make the right choice. They may have a gem that came in with a bunch of rocks and they will sell it for the same price as the rocks.

7. rglewis

rglewis Flamingo Tongue

Im sure not all petcos are bad, but our local petcos sw tanks arent good at all. The tanks are full of cyano, all of the corals and inverts are covered in it, and in the past two weeks, ive watched a powder blue tang and kole tang deteriorate and die from ich. I buy some dry goods and frozen food from them, but just dont trust my local petco at all. I would try petco online, but it looks like you get what you get, and i want to see what color the anemone is before i pay for it.

Ill google them and see what i can find.

8. Click Here!

9. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

$20 is a great price! I paid $45 and $55 for mine. My nicer one has spent the last couple months hiding but is just now starting to come out! No issues for me yet.

LA Reefs is a good stop. I like ebay because you get to see what you are getting, but they have a grab bag type of thing where they will mix up the colors at LA Reefs.

10. Blooper

11. Blooper

I 100% agree... with everything.

the only fish I have are two bangaii cardinals and they don't spend much... if any time hanging out cruising the rock work risking getting mauled by a nem.

12. VeloceReef

VeloceReef Bristle Worm

They have alway reminded me of over priced mushrooms for some reason but I would still love to have a few.