mikejrice's 30 Gallon Innovative Marine Nuvo Aquarium

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by mikejrice, Aug 20, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Corals are really beginning to overgrown this tank, so this week I had to make some pretty drastic choices. The euphyllia I've had on the back wall for years now finally began to crowd each other out as well as put shade on a huge chunk of rock. They were moved to another system to continue growing. My acan garden has also been having some space issues between each other as well as being stung back by montipora. Most of them have been moved out turning this back into the chalice tank it was always meant to be. Should have room to continue growing for some time now. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

My tank is finally starting to look natural to me after moving things around quite a bit. It's amazing how much that can throw off your perception for awhile. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. mikejrice

Recently my JF "Crazy Fox" underwent the strangest color change (first picture below). No real changes to speak of that would have caused it, but it still seems healthy and I kind of like the new colors. It might just be a sign that it's time to trim down the gorgonian again...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. mikejrice

Not sure what my "Pink Boobies" chalice is up to but it sure is going to be interesting to watch. Anyone seen a chalice droop down like this? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. mikejrice

Last week a blizzard came through Colorado and knocked out power to my tank. After over two days without full power (it had some generator power for essentials) it couldn’t bounce back and finally crashed today. A couple of things made it out, but not much. It was a fun journey, but it looks like this is the end of this story.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

You gonna to recycle and get going again? Please don't do what I did and give it up. Much easier to continue a trek, rather than restart. I NEVER should have given up on mine. My crash was pretty much total as well and discouraged me to a point where I would just take a couple of months off and move forward from there. Eight years later, I'm working towards a restart and realizing that my gear needs replacement (would have anyway, but it's easier to piece it along as you go). Also, my knowledge base has suffered tremendously. Anyway, just throwing out my two cents. Sorry this happened. It sucks.