metal halide fixture help needed

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by Forestisskiing, Jun 3, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Forestisskiing

Forestisskiing Astrea Snail

I purchased a odyssea 72 " metal halidefixture. It came with no instructions. Does anyone know how to change the metal halide bulbs?

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Double ended? Pull away from fixture

4. Forestisskiing

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. All bulbs are in a track on fixture. Leds then MH, leds ,mh,leds mh.

5. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Right. There are two types of metal haide bulbs. One has a screw-in end and one has a "double-ed" that locks in by applying pressure.

DSC reef likes this.
  6. Forestisskiing

Thanks. Kevin I need to know how to access DE sockets on the Odyssey 72" metal halide fixture. I am aware of how to remove a bulb DE'ed or screw socket base.

7. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Oh, okay. I haven't used that fixture before. My guess is that the UV shield slides out after a coupe screws are removed, but that's just a guess.

8. Click Here!

9. SeaMonster

SeaMonster Astrea Snail

You have to remove tiny screws on the side and slide the glass and metal panel around to access the DE bulbs. Be aware of the moonlight wires that are attached to the metal plates. You should Also replace your ballasts. That made a huge difference in brightness.