Meeting?

Discussion in 'RARS' started by TahoeMtn, Jan 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TahoeMtn

TahoeMtn Flamingo Tongue

I have noticed that getting everyone together for a meeting of any sort is near impossible. RARS has had one or two and the Sierra Reefers have had a few. I am trying to be involved in some way with each club. My Mom used to say "Learn something new everyday" and so I am learning.
    I have spoke with PackLeader in the past about getting both clubs together for a meeting. As far as we know there are no known animosities or power struggles between the two groups. Therefore I am inviting one and all to meet at our newest SW store Oasis Water Gardens (881 Glendale Avenue
    Sparks, NV 89431-5739 (775) 358-6060 ) on Wed Feb 17th at 6 pm. Steven has been kind enough to invite us to his store. There will be a 20 gal tank set up ahead of time to be able to have a frag swap, sell, trade or give em away. Please bring a folding chair if yo have one.
    Sierra Reefers has started a list of the items they might want to trade or receive at ReefMonkey Saltwater Aquarium Forum - Home Sierra Reefers Forum. If we want to start another here on this thread we can have an idea of what might be available.

If you have any questions I can be reached via PM here or at [email protected]

Mike

2. Click Here!

3. TahoeMtn

TahoeMtn Flamingo Tongue

I stopped in to see Steven at Oasis Water Gardens both Tuesday and Wednesday. They are there painting and building and all the while polishing the tanks. Looks like it will be a welcome addition to our SW community.

Stevens store is very large with lots of room for us to enjoy the surroundings, indoor ponds, large indoor tanks for the koi, and plenty of room for our frag tank and lots of room to bring your chairs.

If we cross our fingers spring will be around the bend and we will have a nice day. Lets start out the year with a big show of people. Steven will be offering discounts to all attendees, and I will put together some door prizes.

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Good job Mike.

5. uphoto

uphoto Plankton

I think I might be able to make that.

I've got nothing to swap BUT will be looking for all kinds off stuff to buy, coral wise.

6. TahoeMtn

TahoeMtn Flamingo Tongue

Ok folks we are in the final days until our first meeting of 2010.

I hope many of you will be able to make it, the weather looks great, the roads are clear and Steven over at Oasis is excited to have us there.

For those that have never been to his shop Oasis has some huge Koi a couple of indoor ponds and several large storage tanks for the Koi in the back room.

The saltwater systems are coming along nicely, the fish systems look complete and he has several fish to choose from. The coral tanks will not be far behind.

A tank has been set up for us to fill with our frags.

See you all there Wednesday evening 6 pm, bring a chair.

Oasis Water Gardens on Feb 17th 6 pm
    881 Glendale Avenue
    Sparks, NV 89431-5739
    (775) 358-6060

7. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Should be able to make it.

8. Click Here!

9. RNO CORALS

RNO CORALS Bristle Worm

There will be some nice looking corals at the meeting. Kelly from Tahoe Coral & Fish Farm will be bringing in around 40 different types of corals. The Acro's will be going for 16$ a piece and other stony corals will be going for 22$ a piece. All I can say is these are some very nice looking pieces and you can't beat the price. We haven't had any corals here locally for a long time, so here is your chance Reno to have some variety to choose from.

10. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

howd it go?
    Mozilla/4.0 (PSP (PlayStation Portable); 2.00)

11. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Nice social event we had 20 plus reefers. None admitting to be RARS members. Kelly brought a ton of frags and sold them at great prices as usual. Lots of swap action.

12. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

only if i had known sooner i would have been able to make it.

maybe next time