Maxspect G2 230W LED - My impression

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by SimonSKL, Mar 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. The_Codfather.

The_Codfather. Plankton

That's good to know as we have Black/bown outs more then norm....I could always plug it into a 2nd UPS just to keep the timer from doing that..Maybe the G3 will have a fix for that..I also forgot you said you added T5's to add more blue to the light but there is no setting in the controller do do that anyway?

2. Click Here!

3. SimonSKL

SimonSKL Astrea Snail

My T5 is an independent unit with two 36" 39W of dual actinic and it adds a little more blue to the color mix. The T5 is controlled by a RKE controller timer and it comes when the 30W LEDs are on.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks for the info on the fans - it sounds like they did fix some issues there as the early reports were about their noise. Glad you are happy with it and I look forward to more pics down the road.

5. The_Codfather.

The_Codfather. Plankton

I guess when i get the lights i'll see if i would like to do that too..as like you i like bit more blue too .I guess the only thing missing is the moon lights,, I'll end up getting ice caps moon lights after i saw them at our reef club meeting at the ice cap corporate office Chris the owner sells scratch and dents for 50%off:)..

6. The_Codfather.

The_Codfather. Plankton

7. SimonSKL

SimonSKL Astrea Snail

8. Click Here!

9. The_Codfather.

The_Codfather. Plankton

Simon any chance of a update?

10. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Hey, Simon. It's been about 8 months since you got this unit. Have you seen any changes? What do you think of it?

11. The_Codfather.

The_Codfather. Plankton

What i understand 8 months is a good marker and that some sps brown out around the 8+ month mark