Marty's 180g [My Elusive Shrimp]

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Marty, Feb 7, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Marty

Marty Stylophora

2. Click Here!

3. Marty

Marty Stylophora

Thanks for the input, Marshall. Yeah, I've tried to achieve some type of balance, but it's hard when there are so many lovely swimmers out there. :) I was very hesitant to add the pipefish, thinking my flow might be too much for them anyway, but since you mention it should be species only they will most likely come of this list for good. Take care and karma for the suggestion.

4. DavidinGA

DavidinGA Fire Worm

Glad to hear you went with the SRO that other one looked crappy lol

5. Likeajeenyus

Likeajeenyus Bristle Worm

+1 w00t. I should work for SRO!

6. Marty

Marty Stylophora

It did. Was looking to balance cost/performance. I did go one rating higher than my tank, but in the end the SRO is a mean machine and will only make my system cleaner.

Also started the second rinse cycle on my rock. Ran the garden hose through this container for 5 hours twice now. Now they are soaking in tap water, I will give them a final rinsing once my RO/DI is here and set-up.
    [​IMG]

Got 30 percent of the roof done, starting phase two, the next nice weekend. Hopefully with more help to tear down the old rubber layers (4 of them). :(

The permit for the new electrical panel in the garage has not been bought off yet. They are telling me Tuesday in the AM. No more real demo work can happen until then. :( Crossing my fingers that demo for the tank can begin Tuesday night or Wednesday.

Finally, sent my specs for my sump/fuge to Happycorals.com for estimate. Hopefully, I can get rolling on that as well.

Here is a rough sketch of the north wall of the reef room where the tank will be set-up. Not much is labelled on it, but I think the gist will come across. :) I am plumbing in some water storage for fresh and and salt water for quick top-offs and WC's. I'll draw up a more detailed plan in the coming days.

[​IMG]

Good night. :)

7. Marty

Marty Stylophora

Yes, you should. ;D Once I read about it, watched the youtubes on it and saw the great reviews I was sold. Thanks for steering that my way!

8. Click Here!

9. Likeajeenyus

Likeajeenyus Bristle Worm

Ha thx,

Ok here's another... Check out fishtankfactory.com He builds ALL of my projects. This guy is like a middle man. He has a business license so he can order tanks directly from manufacturers CHEAP. He, then, adds in his profit, but is still way cheap!! If your not So cal for pick up then you will have to ship.. I don't know how much that cost.

Just email him for a free quote. He deals with "custom" designs as long as they have with all dimensions and measurements.

They do sumps, tanks, and can get equipment.. He'll give you quotes. Just compare prices.

He's in connections with multiple tank manufacturers. They can do anything, acrylic, starphire glass etc

My custom 240 was under 900$ my custom 120 sump was 385. In glass.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  10. Marty

Marty Stylophora

;D

Awesome, I will check him out as well. Appreciate the heads-up.

11. Marty

Marty Stylophora

Put the deposit down on my tank today: Aqueon 180g 72x24x24, black trim, with dual rear mega-flow overflows, glass lid and plumbing kits.

=)

Should be able to pick it up Thursday.

Also ordered 100 pounds of base rock.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  12. guy_colton

guy_colton Plankton

this sounds like it will be awesome :)