Mantis Tank For Dorm.

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by hdog, Aug 7, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

There is another article I've read suggesting that, even though the mantis shrimp does have the 16 types of rods and cones, it's brain and specifically the visual cortex are not complex enough to utilize most of them.

2. Click Here!

3. hdog

hdog Astrea Snail

Awesome thank you.

4. hdog

hdog Astrea Snail

So I like the 10 gallon nuvo setup, But is there a way to maybe do the rimless 7.5 gallon and do some sort of hob and make it even more quiet? I really want this small tank to be as low key as possible. Do any of you guys know of super quiet HOB filter that I can put a heater into?

5. ccardini

ccardini Bristle Worm

I don't think you're going to find a HOB filter that you can put a heater inside of. If you do, though, Just be careful putting things inside a HOB doesn't turn from looking "low key" to "crowded and messy."

6. ccardini

ccardini Bristle Worm

I'm not trying to upsell you here but if you get the 16 gallon nuvo you can get a filtration cover from intank that is made for the Red Sea aquarium but damn near perfectly fits the back sump of the 16 nuvo since it is 24" long. So looking at the tank you wouldn't see any wires and it dampens the noise as well. I have one on my tank. I don't know of one smaller though.

7. hdog

hdog Astrea Snail

Thanks a lot ccardini! I gave that a look and I think that's what I'm gonna do. Well that was easy. See you all in a months or so when I actually set this guy up.

8. Click Here!

9. frkid247

frkid247 Sea Dragon

How's the mantis tank doing?