Luvreefs23 90 gallon progress

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by luvreefs23, Mar 24, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

nothing new here

2. Click Here!

3. mattchew

mattchew Bristle Worm

man... your sump kills mine. i like it. i got the socks too for my micro bubble problem.

my thread is updated too . peep it.

4. tinnghe

tinnghe Purple Spiny Lobster

5. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

I didnt like the sock holder cause it lowered the sock in my sump to low....ran the risk of getting the bag sucked into the skimmer pump. At the end of my pvc plumbing right above the rim of the tank i put a slip to thread coupling that creates a lip that i tie my bag around. I did the threaded pipe thing so the piece of pvc that screws on that goes below the sumps water level can be removed in case i ever needed to remove the sump. Having the bulky ring was an added bonus for the filter sock. :)

6. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Hey matt, i kinda caught up...dumped the 80lbs of black sand in about an hour ago. Tank is cloudy as hell the my skimmer is working great. I put the skimmer in last nite and opened it up and it skimmed the black dust from my bags of chemi pure carbon out of the tank within an hour or so. Glad i got the euro reef

7. mattchew

mattchew Bristle Worm

Yea man i am truly happy w/ my euro reef thus far. it has my water cystal, even after 80# of rock dumped in and all that sand...

i added a couple cheap blue damsels to the mix yesterday night too. keep me posted..

my bank account is running on empty so this may be it for me for quite some time.

8. Click Here!

9. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Hey, yeah just finished running a dedicated, grounded 15 amp receptical for my tank. Still trying to figure out how to plug it all in. Man i need that reefkeeper 2...lol, anyway tank is 3x as clear as yesterday because of the sand addition and thats about it so far.

10. mattchew

mattchew Bristle Worm

dood... AMEN on the reefkeeper 2...... i want that beast soooooooo bad.... specially for my fan i plan to install at top of tank, i can be programmed to turn on or off when tank reaches certain temp!

11. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Welp, got some more progress pix on the 90...all the equipment thats been spread around the basement is now being utilized. Here are the three new pix, im proud of my sump...working damn good for being my first one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. mattchew

mattchew Bristle Worm

looking good, like the black sand look.... wish i would have done it.... i updated mine w/ pics too today, and i will tonight as well... theres around 80lbs of rock in mine now