Lots of questions for a new guy

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by 1dayteam120, Dec 28, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Well I am not familiar with the lighting on a Biocube. I do know that the JBJ 28 has 3 options, CF-Quad (PC, which is actually very bright and has been fine to grow everything, even high light SPS near the top of the tank), Intermediate LED (not strong enough for high light corals) and Pro LED (have read that these may actually be too strong for a lot of corals, and there is no dimming.

What I did was get a JBJ 28 with a stand for $300 shipped from Drs. Foster & Smith (the stand was free at the time!). I will soon be getting a Rapid LED dimmable retrofit kit for $240. Added a skimmer, heater, controller and 2 powerheads. Total around $975 I believe. I also have a 55 w/ 30 gal sump setup. I honestly do not know the total for the setup, but I think I have $1300-1400 in everything except for the tank and stand, which I already had. So getting close to double.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. 1dayteam120

1dayteam120 Astrea Snail

how much does the performance really change with buying those products

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

JBJ also has the HQI Metal halide, hello!!!!!!! :)

IMO Biocubes, Aquapods and JBJ are all excellent AIO tank. I have had all of them.

For extra cash you can go Solana or Cardiff as well. If I had money to burn it would be with the Solana pendent MH tank.

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

6. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

I am not sure exactly what you are asking.

Not any more Cheryl! They stopped making them a little while ago. I think you can still get a replacement hood, but they don't come with the ballast. So you are stuck with the options I listed. LEDs are taking over ;)

7. 1dayteam120

1dayteam120 Astrea Snail

wow that biocube is insaine god how much does he have invested in that

8. Click Here!

9. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

More than mine ;D But his is more of an extreme example, and to show what you can do with a nano cube.

10. 1dayteam120

1dayteam120 Astrea Snail