Looking to get a new tank setup

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by mlong12, Jul 9, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

There both worth the drive. Bring a bib when you go to living reef Orlando, lol.

Lovemyreef2015 likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. mlong12

mlong12 Astrea Snail

haha why is that?

4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

There livestock is drool worthy. It's a very nice store. You'll see an amazing tank as soon as you walk in to the left then on your right there will be a build in process that's over 1000 gallons. I don't want to give the rest away.

5. mlong12

mlong12 Astrea Snail

Well if I wasn't excited before...that's where I'm going on my day off this weekend!

DSC reef likes this.
  6. mlong12

mlong12 Astrea Snail

Checked out living reef today, that place was awesome! I got some good ideas for what I want in my new setup, and I'm definitely interested in having corals in the new tank. I also picked up a powerhead for my existing tank!

7. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I knew you'd like it there. There store is above standard. I'm glad you got some good ideas.

8. Click Here!

9. mlong12

mlong12 Astrea Snail

I really did! So of the setups I saw there they had a Red Sea REEFER that I really liked because it includes everything - stand, sump, rimless tank. The sump and everything was already plumbed and everything. The other thing they had was the NUVO fusion (they had a 20, but was thinking 30L). This had a smaller sump in the back of the tank, but both were set up with corals and fish. The Red Sea setup for the 250 (display 54 gal) is like 1200 and the fusion 30L is 350 for the tank only.

Which setup would be better? Is it worth it to get the all inclusive setup or would the NUVO series be good enough, or would I have to add on to it?

DSC reef likes this.
  10. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

World Wide Corals is in Orlando too. Never been there but heard great things. Coral Corral in Tampa is AMAZING!!! It's probably a little over 2 hours away from you, but man do I miss living near them!!!

11. mlong12

mlong12 Astrea Snail

Awesome, I'll definitely have to check those out. My sister lives in Tampa, so next time I visit her I can take a look at that one!

12. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

Here's a pic of Coral Corral. I think they have 3 other bins just like this, plus a 600g display tank. They have $5, $10, $15 sections with all kinds of cool frags. They also have entire colonies if you're willing to drop the cash. The best store I've ever actually been in, seriously miss that place.

coralcorral.jpg

mlong12 likes this.