Long Nose Butterfly

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by jack102367, Dec 10, 2018.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jack102367

jack102367 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

My long nose butterfly died today. He was eating great.....even last night was eating very well. For 3 days he was showing signs of what I thought was ich (he been in my QT for 3 weeks now). He had a few small white dots but also some larger bumps that weren't white. Then he started showing damage to his body. I never saw him 'scratching' himself on any rock or anything. Here are some pics of him......anyone have any idea what this is? I have a couple other fish in the QT and want to know if I need to treat it or not.

Thanks! IMG_1228.jpg IMG_1229.jpg

2. Click Here!

3. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

From what little I know about ich, that doesn’t look like it. I don’t know much about the appearance of other diseases, but it looks like he was banged up. On the other hand, what’s the downside of dosing copper or something?

4. jack102367

jack102367 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I never saw him being picked on. In fact the 5 fish in my QT all got along very well. I know copper isn't the best thing for a fish if you don't need to. It is toxic at high levels and stresses the fish out, so I don't want to if I don't need to.

5. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

I guess if it is Ich it’ll die out with a long qt anyway