Kessil Sprectral Controller dials it in

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, May 15, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

It appears Kessil has not just been working on a new LED fixture. Check out the Kessil Spectral Controller coming late summer 2014. This sleek controller will tune up to two sets of lights via two separate output ports (0~10V). Kessil gets points for compatibility* and design. And it’s not a bad price point at $99. Read full press release below for more details.

[​IMG]

Press Release:

Kessil announces the release of the Spectral Controller.

The Spectral Controller is an affordable, intuitive controller designed for Kessil aquarium lights.

Richmond, CA (May 14, 2014) – Kessil Lighting, a leading manufacturer of LED aquarium lighting, announces the Spectral Controller. The controller introduces an easy to use control option for the aquarium community. Just the size of a smart phone, the Spectral Controller has the ability to tune up to two different sets of lights via two separate output ports (0~10V). Designed to look great along side Kessil lights, the Spectral Controller is fully compatible with the A360 platform and future releases.

“The Spectral Controller provides a long needed solution for aquarium lighting control. We wanted something that wasn’t too bulky or too complex. Our goal was to create a controller that featured a modern design at an affordable price point,” says David Lowry, Sales Manager of Kessil, “We wanted a controller specifically for lights, that would provide the right level of control without unnecessary confusion. This controller is the result of that vision.”

The controller features a large color display, and a precision touch pad for effortless navigation through the application. Two output ports allow programming of two independent banks of lights; whether it’s two groups of lights on one aquarium, a display and refugium, or multiple tanks, a single controller links it all together. The program mode features:

Manual Mode: Instantly tune spectrum and intensity for on demand light customization.

Program Mode: Features two ways of setting a customized light schedule to match individual tank needs.

Quick Set: Create unique dawn and dusk effects by altering light intensity and color based on a custom schedule.

Acclimation Mode: Simplify the introduction of new lights to a tank or new corals to an existing setup with acclimation mode. The acclimation timeline can be customized to suit specific needs.

The controller is powered via a micro-USB cable; just like a cell phone charger, it can be plugged into a wall outlet or a computer USB port. The controller retains all programs, settings, date and time even when unplugged. The application will be fully upgradeable through online downloads, allowing compatibility with future lights and even more customization.

The Spectral Controller is now entering pre-production for testing with production units available late summer 2014 at a list price of $99.

About Kessil®
    Kessil Lighting designs and manufactures innovative LED lighting for the horticulture, aquarium and algae industries. Kessil is a brand of DiCon Fiberoptics, Inc., a leader of the photonic industry for over 25 years. Using DiCon's patented high power dense matrix LED platform, Kessil's products produce a powerful, penetrating source of light. Each LED emits only one wavelength, allowing various spectrums to be created by grouping different types of LED chips together. As a result Kessil can populate chips with specific wavelengths onto DiCon's LED array with unmatched color mixing. With the continuous quest to create and use the best spectrums, Kessil is leading the industry in The Spectral Revolution.

* Am I reading this right?

More:
    Kessil LED Lights

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  2. Click Here!

3. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

Nice this really changes the game for them

4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

I think so....;D

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Aye. They are not going away. :) Another one of my LFS went all Kessil with all their reef tanks in the store. (2nd, possibly third one to do so) That is a impressive validation of their lights that makes me think about getting them on my tank sometimes. I may do that down the road.

THanks Vinny. :)

I heard from a rep at Kessil about this - they were a bit evasive and said that they 'were not marketing the controller as compatible with other lights.' I assume we should read into this as true. ::)

matt