Just got my AquaC Remora!!

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Aqualung, Dec 8, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Just received my AquaC for my 16g, and it's not the nano version. Also got the Maxi 1200 with it. Can't wait to hook it up, too bad I can't close my store and leave! If anyone wants to chime in with advice or pointers, feel free.. until then I will anticipate going home and hookin this monster up! Also received my R2 moonlight unitl, with a moon cycle controller. YAHOO!

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

awesome!! That thing, once it's broken in...pulls some nasty gunk. good luck with it man!! The only problem i had with it is cleaning, the injector nozzle is really hard/impossible to reach. But if i ever need to clean the nozzle and stuff, i run it in a bucket of vinegar solution.

1 person likes this.
  4. infamous

infamous Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

The new one has a lot of oily junk in it, i ran it with some hot RO/DI water + baking soda for 2 days. It started skimming in just one day.

Its a great skimmer, plus you dont have to adjust it. Just put it in the sump or hang it on the back and youre done :)

You have to do a mod to keep it quiet,unless you don't mind the noise. Also insert a sponge or filter cloth inside- near the exit -to reduce the microbubbles.

1 person likes this.
  5. fazool666

fazool666 Sea Dragon

Just got mine today as well. At work so won't be able to hook it up til later but excited to see how it works compared to my Prizm.:-X

1 person likes this.
  6. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

I'm at work too, had it sent here... just droolin over it, and my new moonlight kit.. Happy birthday to me! All this excitement.. Karma for everyone!

7. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

moon light kit :O post some pics :]
    wait so does the moonlight cycle thing adjust the light to match like full moon or quarter moon and such?

BTW grats on the skimmer

8. Click Here!

9. Kanook

Kanook Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Mod for peace and quite? Anyone know a good site to look at for a way to mod the aquaC to make it a bit quieter?

10. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

sweet..... congrats.....

11. fazool666

fazool666 Sea Dragon

OK just got mine going - this is LOUD!! How do we modify these to be quiet????

12. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Dude!!!!!! Pics man. Congrats.....I am jealous.