Jebo Skimmer

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by GraviT, Jul 19, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. djnzlab1

djnzlab1 Aiptasia Anemone

yEA i HAVE ONE

hi,
    i'LL sell you one for 20 bucks plus shippin honest its a gem..
    Doug
    Its a real tempermental skimmer that floods easily or dosen't skim.
    I gave up and put it back in the box, oh yea this is an Odessa skimmer may be different.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  2. Click Here!

3. sin71879

sin71879 Plankton

Jebo protein skimmer

Ok I have bought the skimmer off ebay, for forty bucks, I can see where people are dissatisfied, No instructions and received in a Japanese box. when set up the reservoir or collection cup as it is noted overfills, the Fix is quite simple, the hose that you receive has a very poor regulator, you know the black bubble like appendage at the end of the bubble making hose, for those who like la-men terms. So all you have to do is replace it with a screw down regulator that actually works, and Wa La, your cheap skimmer is working in no time, Skimmers are pretty simple and their fixes are usually even more simple, I replaced the regulator and no more over fill, no major mods, just dial in your preferred skimming action and your good to go.

where do you get the regulators, just go to your local mom and pop aquarium store, you know the one, where everyone knows your name, ask if they can place orders for parts, most of these places can, the sea clone 100 regulator is a perfect fit.

Sin.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  4. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

I have a jebo 180 HOB and it is toast....it has been up and running since the 17th and still no good skimmate. I am saving to get a better one mine was also 40 bux from china with no instructions....I asked the seller for instructions and he sent a pic of the skimmer? haha save up friend and get a good one. If it dont cost an arm and a leg and a chunk of your rump it aint worth buying....skimp on some things but skimmer and lights go top dollar...good luck...

5. ssericz

ssericz Plankton

anyone who has them and doesnt want them let me know i will take them...
    all you need to do to get good skimmage is to attach it to an air pump and an adjustable air inlet valve.

6. Gray

Gray Plankton

Found instructions for Jebo 180

Hi All,

I found this site as I am newbie to marine aquariums. I bought everything second hand including the Jebo 180 Protein Skimmer. I found this site when looking for instructions and it appears i am not alone. Anyway I managed to stumble on some instructions. Hope this helps someone else out;

http://www.shopjebo.com/install_help/JEBO_Protein_Skimmer_180_Install_Instruction.pdf

Cheers.

7. tcmemphisbbq

tcmemphisbbq Spaghetti Worm

Ive had my Jebo 180 on my 55 for 7 months, once I got the water level it works great for me. I even cracked the cup and siliconed it back together and still get good skim daily from it.
    Tom

8. Click Here!

9. pagano24

pagano24 Plankton

ned help still

I also have the jebo protein skimmer 180 hob and i have never had a over flow problem. I just cant figure out what it looks like when its working just right. Is it supposed to foam? The adjusting knob works perfectly, its just when i get the water to the bottom of the cup, the result is thousands of tiny little bubbles in the tank. Is this normal? How can i fix this? Still nobody has posted a picture of a working jebo