insects in the my display refu/sump

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by Swisswiss, Jul 9, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

so its summer here and with the good weather and poorly dressed girls you also get insects... in my sump more specifically.... can this be a problem and if so should i bother covering? i havent found a genocide of moths and others but i have noticed the occasional corps floating about. im assuming my DT does not have this issue not only due to my over flow but also since my sumps lights are on reverse cycle..... i guess on a postive note it rids my house of insects, reason more to sump aye?

P.s sorry for the girl comment

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Personally, I'd suggest getting a screen cover. Even if your system is able to absorb the extra nutrients, I can't think of a good reason to not prevent as much as possible from entering it.

mdbostwick and Swisswiss like this.
  4. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

^^^My thoughts exactly

Mr. Bill likes this.
  5. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

urgh! ( i saying urgh but im actually loving it) gonna have to find a clean solution, i have a some spare mosquito net but getting round the return and in flow tubes as well as all the cables is going to take some planning if this has to be done properly.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015