Indianapolis LFS

Discussion in 'Indiana Reefers Club' started by trelane, Jan 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. trelane

trelane Peppermint Shrimp

Any LFS recomendations in Indianapolis?

2. Click Here!

3. jeremy_a

jeremy_a Feather Duster

I always go to premium aquatics. Check out their website because they are only open to the public for 2 or 3 hours friday and 3 hours saturday.

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

You have Uncle Bills, and The Reef also in Indy.

5. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

www.premiumaquatics.com is definitely my LFS of choice. Low prices and pretty good service. Not to say the others are bad, we visit all of them on occasion!!

6. reef4girl

reef4girl Feather Duster

I have been to uncle bills once and they had a much bigger selection than my local lfs.

7. triggerlover

triggerlover Plankton

Premium Aquatics definitely has good pricing, and nice quality of stuff. The Reef is pretty nice too, you kind of have to look over the fish well though and make sure they are healthy. If you are willing to drive a bit, there is a great store in Terre Haute, it's HUGE - has an awesome selection of stuff and very knowledgeable staff. Called Inland Aquatics, you can google them for directions. They have mail order, but it's really worth driving down there some weekend to check out everything they have.

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

There is also the Abyss, but they are pricey. I have been to Inland Aquatics (thanks to Inwall) a couple of times and is well worth the drive.

So what part of Indiana are you from????

10. trelane

trelane Peppermint Shrimp

Right behind The Reef. I kind of feel like some of their staff know what they're doing, and some don't.
    They set up some frag tanks and the Aiptasia took over and killed a lot of frags which didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.
    They also recommended cycling the tank with a Damsel which is debatable as to advice when there are methods that don't involve putting livestock at risk.
    To their credit they have several Mandarins and they do feed them correctly.

And yeah I realize I'm overly picky... their live rock appears to be good quality fiji rock, but not particularly live.

11. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I love the Naso in the display tank they have by the door. :) I cycle with Damsels and so do quite a few people. You need to keep bacteria steady in a cycling tank not just spike it and let it die off. Totally another debate. :(

So are you a part of INDMAS?

12. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

That is why unless I know an employee and have talked to them before I generally don't trust any of them. Go in with a good knowledge base and then decide for yourself if they know what they are talking about or not.