I NEED A New skimmer!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Puffer Chick, Dec 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea im going to call them tomorrow with all info instead of emailing them back.

2. Click Here!

3. dreiling

dreiling Fire Shrimp

ask to talk with the owner, I bet you if you bug enough people someone will take care of you

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea, i really wish i didnt have to go through all this trouble though. i mean, all i wanted was a good working skimmer, sounds simple, but guess not

5. Rogues

Rogues Spaghetti Worm

edit PM"d u link :p

6. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Machinery now a days is so so, IMO... A lot of places could do better. Things get cheaper and are more expensive. Gotta love the economy!

7. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

you didn't hear this :p... they asked for more info. not taking a used nasty skimmer back does not equal not backing their products. ;):)

They sent me a free replacement pump for mine.

Don't get me wrong, I think my skimmer is a POS and won't be getting this model again... but they do back them. Their support is helpful and all that.

8. Click Here!

9. szrazzt

szrazzt Purple Spiny Lobster

They do need a lot of information about how the skimmer is setup and what it is doing before they can help you with it. Sucks that you ran into this, I have an in sump octopus skimmer and love it.

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

so an update on the skimmer issue: i worked on the skimmer tonight to try to get working somewhat properly. There is no longer a ton of bubbles coming out of the inntake pump and the collection cup isint filling up with clear water like crazy. But im still having issues with water coming through the blue intake tube which is supposed to be only air

11. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

Maybe you could just empty it out and take it to a LFS and ask them if they think you have it set-up correctly. There shouldn't be this many problems from one skimmer lol. Although I have never owned one it sounds like you might have installed something wrong or maybe your missing a piece they might be able to find, worth a shot.

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

well, when i originally got the skimmer, it was missing a piece, the air valve, so i just bought my own just because it was only an air valve, but i dont think that an air valve alone would have caused this many problems