Hydor performer 800 skimmer review??

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by nanomania, Aug 23, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nanomania

nanomania Vagabond Butterfly

Hey guys, mine will be a 600 to 700 liter tank including sump. As i dont have much space, i cant go for a ro skimmer as they only work at specific height. So im planning on hydor as it can work on any height. However it also need an extra pump, i have an eheim 1000 compact pump. Will it work? Also is any1 using this skimmer currently? What are the other pros and cons? Does it really do the job?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

4. nanomania

Dont have the space for elevating it. Im building a tank with a display refuge for which i need 15" water depth.. thats why i have no choice. Or was plannin on sro 3000 or 2000.

5. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Design it so it has baffles. Make that section the depth you need. Or add a little shelf to elevate it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  6. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

where there is a will there is a way..... you could simply use an old plastic food box as a "shelf" to elivate your skimmer...... but baffles would be better..... here are my "baffles".......literally made from older smaller tanks I had catching dust.....just to show you that you can always get round a problem and head for the solution ;)....also note how nice and clean my sump is... just finished cleaning it, had too much "gunk" build up not only on the sand bed of the sump but all up in my cheato, was only able to salvage and clean a tennis ball worth.....

Attached Files:

7. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

why isnt anyone baffled by my baffles?

8. Click Here!

9. nanomania

Guys, i have only 25" space, and the ro skimmer is 27" height. How can i elevate?